Sunday, December 17, 2006

Wesolych Swiat! *

"...do they know it's Christmas time at all..."

It's impossible to ignore the fact that we are near Christmas, here in Wroclaw. As you can see, the streets, and the Rynek are fully decorated with traditional Christmas lights, and there's something in the air that announces that Christmas is almost here. Although I'll return to Portugal for Christmas and New Years celebrations, I would also like to live this "season" here in Poland. It would be nice to get to know the different customs and traditions of the polish people during this "winter main events". The good thing is that, some polish friends, already invited me to have a meal at their home, after I return in January, with all the typical Christmas and New Years celebration dishes and traditions. So I guess I'll be doing a lot of party this next weeks...

* Wesolych Swiat! (PL) = Happy Christmas! (EN) = Bom Natal! (PT)

No comments: