Friday, March 30, 2007

Rejs

Rejs - if no one looks drunk, it's because it's in the morning.
Rejs... Finally the post about the one and only, REJS! I didn't even left Wroclaw for good, and it already has a special place in my heart. It's the closest thing I found to the Portuguese bars I like, here in Wroclaw. I've only been here for some months, and when, nowadays, I walk in, (almost) everyone says: "Czesc!" A little bit like "Cheers", but in a "polish" way. As most of the places here in Wroclaw, the beer is good and cheap. Two choices, at your taste: Primátor or Rejs, being the first one Czech, and the second Polish. They're equally good, although I usually drink Primátor. The name of the bar comes from a very well known old Polish movie (want to see it, but I only find it without subtitles, and my Polish isn't THAT good...). Besides this, all the decoration and thematic of the bar, recalls other well known movies, not only from Poland. You can find there a poster of "Star Wars", or an American army helmet, with the pack of Marlboro's hangin' in the side, just like in "Full Metal Jacket". The lamps in the sealing are made of old film, and some ashtrays have small filmimg cameras on them. The bathroom has a painting on the back wall (with some minor changes), reminding whom ever goes there, what's "Hollywood" all about. And although it's a small space, it's filled with great details. A lot of the guys from Archeology here in Wroclaw, usually attend the bar, and it was introduced to me as the "Archaeologists Bar". I'm in Archaeology, I like the bar... Seems only fair to me!

3 comments:

Delvanzan said...

Bar? A mim parece-me mais uma tasca. Boa foto, mas não conseguiste tirar a essência desse "lugar" ;)

André Rolo said...

E és tu k conheces a essência do sítio?

Anonymous said...

bela foto mas ouro ,"essencia" e mirra so em Belem. falta mesmo é o Jesus Virgem