Sunday, July 15, 2007

Weekend Report

The urn

Pottery from the urn

Fibulae

Pin

Making some shadow for the photo

Football match during the spare time

Once again I'm sorry for the lack of news. For some moments I made it through the WiFi connection at the school where I'm sleeping, but I now I can't make it no more. Anyway, I'm having a blast at the diggings in Sulów, and the findings couldn't be anymore exciting! Everyone is great, and there's a great atmosphere within the group. A lot of "matraquilhos" (table football?) and ping-pong matches during the spare time, and some walks through the village surroundings. Regarding the findings, I couldn't be more fulfilled than I already am! A complete late Hallstatt urn, which besides the remains of the cremated bones, contained also a fibulae and a pin! Here are some photos of this last few days. Take care!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

A "roer-me" de inveja....
Abraço mauro

Anonymous said...

Damn, that's great! I'm having a great time in Iceland though. I've learned a lot in the past 2 weeks, including Matrix, Autocad, Paeleoecology and Archeozoology, etc.. I have lots of things to tell you!!! I already have a teacher to help me with the viking age part of my MA - the guy who teaches in Oslo. We did survey last week and tomorrow we will be working with sediments! It's amazing how this fieldschool works!
Sorry, it was supposed to be a comment to your pics, but I can't contatin myself! (I went to the hospital today (2,5h - the nearest city), but I didn't have my hand broken.

Send regards to Artur and all our collegues!

Talk to you soon!!!!
Kiss, Cláudia

James P. said...

Play Sizzling Hot Online for free or for real and get a nice welcome bonus!
Play real poker for free Free poker money no deposit for any new player!